Below is information regarding the application processes, procedures and forms. For a pre-application meeting, email Annie Driver, or call Planning & Development at 785-368-3728.
Effective December 18, 2019, planning case submissions are to be done electronically.
- Documents required for application submittals may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have difficulty sending large files, please email Kris Wagers for assistance.
- Please use the applications below and complete all questions.
- Documents should be emailed as individual pdf files. Please do not combine documents into one pdf file.
- All documents should be sent in one email.
To make payment, please call the Planning & Development Department at 785.368.3728 to provide credit card information. Checks payable to City of Topeka can be sent to:
Topeka Planning Department, Attn K Wagers
620 SE Madison, Unit 11
Topeka KS 66607
Submittals are not considered complete until payment has been received.
Fees, Schedules and Folding
- Annexation Exemption for Water and Sewer
- Consent to Annexation Form (individuals)
- Consent to Annexation Form (corporations)
Board of Zoning Appeals
- Board of Zoning Appeals Application directions
- Board of Zoning Appeals Application for Appeal
- Board of Zoning Appeals Application for Variance/Exception
Conditional Use Permits
- Application for Historic Landmark Designation
- Certificate of Appropriateness
- Kansas Historic Preservation Law Review
Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP)
Street Name Changes / Memorial Dedications
- Application for Street Name Change / Dedication
- Process Instructions
- Relevant Section of Municipal Code
- Application for Subdivision
- Instructions for Folding Plats
- Minor plat rules
- Subdivision checklist
- Stormwater Information
- Recommended Species List
- Lot Line Adjustments and Lot Splits (Checklist and Administrative Rules)
- Waiver of Extension
- Waste Water Management Plan Waiver Application
- Application Procedure – Re-zoning or Planned Unit Development
- Application for Re-zoning or Planned Unit Development
- PUD – standard format and notes
- Neighborhood Information Meeting Brochure
- Zoning District Summary