- 2021 Budget Engagement Presentation
Note: This presentation may be updated as newer versions become available.
2019 Adopted Budget
Performance & Open Government
- Open Budget Portal: This portal provides an interactive insight into all three budgets, Revenue, Operating and the Capital Improvement Budget.
- Open Checkbook Portal: This portal provides an interactive way to review payment information by department, vendor and expenditure type.
- Topeka Capital Projects Dashboard: This dashboard is an interactive application that allows viewers to explore major City Capital Improvement Plan projects.
- Topeka Open Performance Portal: This portal provides a way to interactively assess City key service areas by evaluating measures and metrics established by each City Department. Measures available on the portal are highlighted for the current period, they are not all of the available measures the City oversees.
Using the Open Budget Portal
Using the Performance Portal
2020 Budget Calendar
|Event||Date||Day of Week||Time||Location|
|2020-2029 CIP and 2020-2022 CIB Adopted||4/9/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Council Adopts Budget Priorities||4/9/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|City Manager releases budget to Council||By 6/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|City receives final revenue estimates from County / State||6/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Setting Maximum Taxes Levied and Publication (Election)||6/18/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Budget Discussion (Council Meeting)||6/18/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Council Budget Workshop||6/19/2019||Wednesday||6:00 P.M.||LEC|
|Council Budget Workshop||6/25/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||LEC|
|Notify County if Election Needed||6/28/2019||Friday||N/A||N/A|
|Budget Discussion (Council Meeting)||7/2/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Setting Maximum Taxes Levied and Publication (No Election)||7/9/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Public Hearing (No Election)||8/13/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Council Adopts budget (No Election)||8/13/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Budget must be adopted (No Election)||8/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Tentative Date of Mail Ballot Election (If Election Needed)||9/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Election Results By This Date (If Election Needed)||9/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Public Hearing and Budget Adoption (If Election Needed)||9/25/2019||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|For Counties With Election-Completed Budgets Due to County Clerk||10/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A|