2018 Adopted Budget
The 2018 City of Topeka Budget was adopted by City Council on August 15, 2017. The City Budget is considered the operating plan for the City and captures all of the dollars received by the City and how those dollars are spent throughout the year. The City Budget directly aligns with the priorities set by the City Council, alongside the City’s Performance Management practice and the annual Capital Improvement Plan process.
2018 Proposed Budget
- 2018 Proposed Budget
- 2018 Budget Key Takeaways
- 2018 Proposed Budget Agenda (Special Meeting) – 6/3/2017
- 2018 Proposed Budget Agenda (Special Meeting) – 6/7/2017
- 2018 Proposed Budget Agenda (Special Meeting) – 6/14/2017
City of Topeka Open Government
- Open Budget Portal: This portal provides an interactive insight into all three budgets, Revenue, Operating and the Capital Improvement Budget. Watch the video below titled, “Using the Open Budget Portal” for a demonstration.
- Open Checkbook Portal: This portal provides an interactive way to review payment information by department, vendor and expenditure type.
- Topeka Capital Projects Dashboard: This dashboard is an interactive application that allows viewers to explore major City Capital Improvement Plan projects.
- Topeka Open Performance Portal: This portal provides a way to interactively assess City key service areas by evaluating measures and metrics established by each City Department. Measures available on the portal are highlighted for the current period, they are not all of the available measures the City oversees.
Using the Open Budget Portal
What do You Know About the City of Topeka Budget?
2018 Budget Calendar
The 2018 calendar reflects the potential for an election due to the State adopted Property Tax lid (House Bill 2088). It is unknown at this time what will be needed and all dates are subject to change.
|Event||Date||Day of Week||Time||Location|
|Budget Open House (Public Engagement)||3/14/2018||Wednesday||5:30 P.M.||Library|
|Council Adopts Budget Priorities||4/3/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|2019-2028 CIP and 2019-2021 CIB Adopted||4/3/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Budget Hearing||4/24/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Law Enforce. Ctr.|
|City Manager releases budget to Council||By 6/6/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|City receives final revenue estimates from County / State||6/15/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Council Budget Workshop||6/16/2018||Saturday||9:00 A.M.||Law Enforce. Ctr.|
|Setting Maximum Taxes Levied and Publication (Election)||6/19/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Budget Discussion (Council Meeting)||6/19/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Council Budget Workshop||6/20/2018||Wednesday||6:00 P.M.||Law Enforce. Ctr.|
|Notify County if Election Needed||6/29/2018||Friday||N/A||N/A|
|Budget Discussion (Council Meeting)||7/3/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Setting Maximum Taxes Levied and Publication (No Election)||7/10/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Public Hearing (No Election)||8/7/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Council Adopts budget (No Election)||8/14/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|Budget must be adopted (No Election)||8/24/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Tentative Date of Mail Ballot Election (If Election Needed)||9/15/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Election Results By This Date (If Election Needed)||9/20/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Public Hearing and Budget Adoption (If Election Needed)||9/25/2018||Tuesday||6:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|For Counties With Election-Completed Budgets Due to County Clerk||10/1/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A|