About the Finance Department
The Administrative and Financial Services Department provides financial reporting and essential support services for all City Departments.
Learn more about the city budget with the Open Budget Portal.
The Department consists of two divisions: Contracts & Procurement Division and City Controller Division. The City Controller Division consists of Accounts Payable, Payroll, Debt & Investment Management and compliance Accounting/Reporting.
- Prepare and monitor the adopted budget
- Coordinate the development of the annual Capital Improvements Program
- Manage the City’s performance management system
- Work collaboratively with departments to research, analyze and develop recommendations for citywide performance improvements
- Maintain the accounting records for all funds, projects and programs
- Provide internal and external financial reports
- Provide accounts payable, payroll, and other financial services support to city departments
- Monitor and assist in reporting grant expenditures
- Process all city financial transactions
- Manage the city’s bonded indebtedness, including structuring debt issues and assuring continuing compliance with bond covenants
- Record and deposit city funds
- Quarterly Treasurer’s Report
- Monitor and assist other City Departments in established cash procedures
- Invest city monies using professional standards of safety and liquidity to achieve maximum investment yields
- Reconcile all bank accounts to the city’s accounting records
- Monitor daily bank balances and collateralization needs
- Serve as the primary contact with the banking community and investment providers
- Monitor and report on investments and investment earnings.
Contracts & Procurement Division
- Provide an efficient, economical, and effective method of acquiring goods and services to meet the needs of our internal customers
- Ensure a fair and competitive bidding process involving all vendors: local, small business, minority, women owned, disadvantaged, large, state, and national
This division is directed by Stephen Wade, Acting Director of Administrative and Financial Services.