Individual residents or business owners who purchase an alarm system do not need to register or license their alarm. Alarm Licensing is for Alarm Companies.
Companies which operate a business of installing or monitoring alarm systems in homes and businesses within the city limits of Topeka must be licensed by the Topeka Police Department to do business in the city.
Individuals who work in sales and as system installers for these companies must also be licensed through the police department. Companies and individuals who are licensed have met requirements and passed a background check in order to receive their license.
The City of Topeka and Topeka Police Department do not endorse or imply in any way their approval of any individual business’ policies, practices or methods of doing business. Obtaining an alarm license simply means an alarm company has met the licensing requirements and background checks needed.
Alarm installation and monitoring companies as well as alarm sales, installation and maintenance agents, must submit applications to obtain their license to the Topeka Police Department located at 320 S. Kansas Avenue, Suite 100, Topeka, Kansas, 66603. For more information on the requirements of obtaining an Alarm License, please contact Melody Lewis, Alarm Licensing Coordinator, at email@example.com or 785-368-9039.
- Please start by reading this informational letter about the procedures associated with obtaining an Alarm License.
- For more information on the City of Topeka Municipal Code relating to Alarm Licensing, visit: https://topeka.municipal.codes/TMC/5.15.
- A New Alarm Company License Application can be found here.
- A New Agent License Application can be found here.
- An Alarm Company License Renewal Application can be found here.
- An Agent License Renewal Application can be found here.
Alarm Company Fees
- How to Pay: Most costs associated with obtaining an Alarm License must be made payable to the City of Topeka via cash, credit card, check or money order, in person at 320 S. Kansas Avenue, Suite 100.
- Alarm Monitoring: The cost of an Alarm License for a new alarm company that monitors only is $25.
- Alarm Install or Alarm Install & Monitoring: The cost of an Alarm License for a new alarm company that installs alarms or monitors and installs alarms is $300.
- KBI Fee: All alarm companies new to the City of Topeka must also make a payment of $47 to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) for each company officer (CEO, president, VP, etc.) as well as for each new alarm agent. This fee covers fingerprinting and background services from the KBI. KBI Fee payments must be made via check or money order only and should be sent to the Law Enforcement Center at 320 S. Kansas Ave, Suite 100, Topeka, KS 66603.
- Renewal Fee for Alarm Monitoring: $25
- Renewal Fee for Alarm Installation or Alarm Installation & Monitoring: $100
- New Alarm Agent License: $30
- Renewal Fee for Alarm Agent License: $25
Licensed Alarm Companies in Topeka
The following alphabetical list indicates those companies currently licensed to do business in the city. This list will be periodically updated adding new companies and removing those no longer licensed.
- A+ Communications & Security
- ADT Security Services
- Alarm Relay
- ALERT 360
- ALLTECH Communications
- AMAROK, LLC
- American Digital Security, LLC
- AvantGuard Monitoring Centers, LLC
- Blue Angel Security & Electronics
- Blue Sky Satellite Services, Inc
- CBS Manhattan, LLC
- CES SYSTEMS, LLC
- Cox Advanced Services Kansas, LLC
- Criticom Monitoring Services
- Crown Security
- D.H. Pace Company Inc
- Emergency 24, Inc
- EVO ALARM, LLC
- Federal Protection, Inc
- Flint Hills Security, LLC
- Free State Alarm Co, LLC
- Guardian Protection Services, LLC
- Heartland Alarms, Inc
- Integrated Security, LLC
- Interface Security Systems, Inc
- JC Security Systems, Inc
- Johnson Controls Security Solutions LLC
- JSC Systems
- Electronic Life
- Kansas City CCTV and Security
- Lighthouse Security of Topeka
- Brinks Home Security
- Protect & Serve Security
- Rapid Response Monitoring
- Ring Protect, Inc.
- Rueschhoff Security LLC
- Safe Home Security, Inc
- Safe Streets USA, LLC
- Security Engineering of Pensacola, Inc
- SimpliSafe, Inc
- Smart Home Pros, Inc
- Sound Products, Inc
- Securitas Security Corporation
- TEKsystems, Inc
- Universal Atlantic Systems Inc
- Vector Security, Inc
- Vivint, Inc
- Wachter, Inc.