The mission of the Crime Victims' Assistance Unit (CVAU) is to provide victims of crime with timely advocacy, information and referrals to services that may be needed as a result of their victimization.
The Crime Victims' Assistance Unit of the Topeka Police Department is funded primarily through the Kansas Governor’s Grants Office by the award of a federal Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grant.
Types of Assistance Offered by CVAU
- Case status or updates
- Information about the criminal justice process
- Court accompaniment
- Information and assistance regarding Restraining Orders
- Information and assistance regarding the KS Crime Victim's Compensation Board
- Referrals to community resources
We cannot provide legal advice or any kind of financial assistance.
Topeka Police Department
Crime Victims' Assistance
Monday – Friday
7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Other Organizations that Might be of Assistance:
- Kansas Crime Victim's Compensation Board 785-296-2359
- District Attorney's Office, Victim/Witness Unit 785-251-4330
- Kansas Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence 785-232-9784
- YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment 785-354-7927 or 888-822-2983
- Kansas Legal Services 785-354-8531
The Crime Victim's Assistance Unit of the Topeka Police Department does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or age when providing assistance to crime victims.