The mission of the Citizens Academy Ambassadors is to bring together graduates of the Citizen’s Police Academy to work in partnership with the Topeka Police Department, providing assistance and services which contribute to the well-being of our community.
The purpose of the Citizens Academy Ambassadors is to enhance the relations between the community and law enforcement and to provide other assistance to law enforcement as requested and deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors. In a nutshell, we exist to support the officers, the department and the community.
The Ambassador Program has been in existence for more than a decade and has had continuous 501(c)3 status for over 10 years. Here are a few facts about the Citizens Academy Ambassadors:
- Out of all of the volunteer programs/citizen opportunities at the TPD, the Ambassadors have the largest number of volunteers.
- Ambassadors have provided thousands of hours of service in our long distinguished existence.
- Ambassadors have provided financial support to many units and programs within the department including SRO, BHU, Community Relations, OK Program, Pipe & Drum Corp, Honor Guard, Animal Control, Citizen Academy, and VIPS; just to name a few.
- Ambassadors provide year-round ongoing support to all officers in many ways.
- Ambassadors provide hospitality to the department every year by assisting with events such as the Department Holiday Luncheon, retirement receptions, City of Topeka family picnic, National Night Out, Trunk or Treat, YWCA Week Without Violence March, and National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.
- Ambassadors provide support to Kansas Special Olympics by helping with the Torch Run, Battle of the Badges, and the Polar Plunge.
Contact Citizens Academy Ambassadors
For more information or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.