One Stop

Your one-stop page for Licensing, Permitting and Inspections

Contractor Licensing –

The Development Services Division is responsible for issuing all contractor and trade licenses in the City of Topeka. Information about other types of licenses can be obtained through the City Clerk’s office.

For General Contractor licensing and information – click here

For Trade Contractor licensing and information – click here

More information about contractor licensing

Permits –

The Development Services Division issues permits for commercial and residential construction, signs, fences, driveways, and much more.

Applications can be completed and submitted via email to There is no fee to apply for a permit. Payment is due when a permit is issued. Pick-up and payment location is 620 SE Madison in the Cyrus K. Holliday Building. We take cash, checks, and most major credit cards.

Here are a few of our most commonly used permit applications:

Additional permits can be found here.

Inspections –

Inspections are required for various phases and types of construction and remodeling. Contact information can be found on our Inspections page.