Explosives Permit

Blasting requires multiple permits and licenses. Prior to making application at the Fire Department, a permit from the City of Topeka Engineers Office and an explosives license from the Kansas State Fire Marshal must be obtained in that order.

Call the City of Topeka Engineer at 785 368-3842. Call the Kansas State Fire Marshal at 785 296-3401.

Application for a permit from the Fire Department must be accompanied by a Site Plan, proof of bond or insurance in the principal sum of $100,000 and permits and licenses from the City Engineer and Kansas State Fire Marshal. Prior to issuance of the Fire Department permit, a site inspection will be conducted by a Fire Prevention Inspector to ensure there is a proper storage magazine and adequate signage.