- Water meters are read monthly.
- Base Charges are assessed per water meter and by the size the water meter.
- Volume Charges are assessed per 1,000 gallons of water consumed.
- If your bill has been estimated, it will be noted on your bill with an “E”.
- View an example bill explaining how meter, notice, message, past due and current account information is provided on your monthly statement.
- The residential wastewater charge is based on the average water consumption used during the winter quarter (December – February). The charge will remain consistent for one year (generally April – April).
- Non-residential wastewater charges are based on monthly water consumption.
Stormwater fees are assessed on the amount of hard surface you have on your property. For more information, call 785-368-3111.
Outside City & Sherwood Wastewater District
- Customers residing outside the City are charged premium water and wastewater rates and are also assessed a fire hydrant maintenance fee.
- Customers served by the Sherwood Wastewater District are billed at rates established by Shawnee County.
Shawnee County Refuse
- View rates and services established by Shawnee County.
- The City bills for Shawnee County Refuse customers.