What is changing?
- The City of Topeka has introduced a new payment system that offers fully-integrated red-flag identity theft protection that is PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant
- Customers who previously paid Utility bills online will be directed to the new payment system
What service will be provided by the new payment service?
- Secure payments using Visa, MasterCard, and Discover as well as debit card and e-check payments
- Online service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- NEW – Pay-by-Text Option
- NEW – Schedule Payment Reminders
- NEW – Store your payment methods using the secure online wallet
When will this change be effective?
- You may start using the new on-line payment system now
- Please go to topeka.org and click ‘Pay Online’ at the top of the screen
- You may register for the new system or make a one-time payment
- The current online payment system will no longer be available after December 15, 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AUTOMATIC BILL PAYMENT CUSTOMERS
- IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR AUTOPAY IN OUR PREVIOUS SYSTEM, YOU WILL NEED TO CANCEL THAT SERVICE AFTER YOU REGISTER FOR AUTOPAY IN THE NEW SYSTEM
- IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER IN THE NEW SYSTEM, YOUR AUTOPAY WILL NO LONGER BE EFFECTIVE AFTER DECEMBER 15, 2020
Will there be any changes to my Utilities account?
- There will be no changes to your account with the new online payment system
Do I need to provide my email address if I make a payment online?
- Yes, your email address is required for confirmation of your payment
What information do I need to make an online payment?
- Your Utilities account number (located in the upper right-hand section of your billing statement), your payment method information (credit/debit card or check information), and an email address
Will I still be able to make a payment by phone?
- Yes, you may still contact our Customer Service Representatives Monday-Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm or you may use our Interactive Voice Response system which is available 24/7 by calling 785-368-3111
I am currently on e-billing. Will I continue to receive e-bills?
- Yes, your e-billing will continue. To sign up for e-bills visit https://topeka.mysecuredservices.com/