Property Ownership

Property Ownership is maintained by Shawnee County, Kansas. For more information visit the Shawnee County website designed to provide extensive information about real property values and characteristics, ownership, as well as, real estate and property taxes.


How Do I Find Out Who Owns a Property?

To find out who owns a property, use Shawnee County’s Searchable Real Estate System or the Online Property Map. These sites are maintained by Shawnee County and will allow you to find owner and property information. If you require further help with property owner information, you may visit the Shawnee County website, or contact the Shawnee County Clerk’s Office:
(785) 251-4155
200 SE 7th Street, Room 107
Topeka, KS

You may also contact the Shawnee County Appraiser’s Office:
(785) 251-2882
1515 NW Saline Street
Topeka, KS

Affordable Housing Opportunities

The City of Topeka Department of Neighborhood Relations offers programs and services that provide affordable housing opportunities. We administer a variety of programs for housing finance funded by federal, state and local sources. We strive to enhance affordable living, neighborhood livability, the appearance of the community, and safeguard life, health and property.

The various housing programs and projects help build a positive city image, beautify neighborhoods, and generate investment interest in Topeka’s housing market.

Department of Neighborhood Relations staff has extensive housing experience and well versed in the various housing program regulations and project activities. Staff is available to provide Topeka city residents interested in housing programs and projects, with helpful, informative, and courteous customer service. For more information on the City of Topeka Department of Neighborhood Relations, visit their web page or at (785) 368-3711.

Need Assistance or Have Questions?

The City Clerk’s office is happy to assist you. Please contact us via email at, or by phone at (785) 368-3940 or (785)368-3941.