If you would like to speak at a Council Committee meeting, please email the Council’s Executive Assistant at email@example.com or call the Council Office at 785-368-3710.
Sign Up for e-notices of Council Committee Agendas.
Public Comment Protocol
- Public comment is encouraged and time for verbal comment is allowed during most Committee meetings, unless otherwise specified by the Committee Chair. Written comment may be mailed or emailed to the Committee at any time.
- Each individual wishing to be heard during the public comment period will be given up to 4 minutes to speak.
- The Council Committee may elect to defer public comment on a specific agenda item until that specific item is addressed during any regular or special meeting.
- Public comment will not be used as a time for problem solving or reacting to comments made; but, rather, for providing citizens with an opportunity to be heard for informational purposes only. If information is requested by a speaker during the public comment period, the Council Committee may choose to direct the City Manager to assign a member of his or her staff to provide such information, as allowed within the guidelines of the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA).
- Public comment will not be used to air personality grievances, make political endorsements or political campaign purposes.
- Council Committee members should not enter into a dialogue, or debate, with citizens. Questions or comments from the Council Committee will be for clarification purposes only.