Submitting an Application
Applications for alarm installation and monitoring companies and alarm agents, which includes sales, installation, and maintenance, should be submitted to the Topeka Police Department located at 320 S. Kansas Avenue, Suite 100, Topeka, Kansas, 66603. For more information on the requirements of the license please contact Melody Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-368-9039.
New Alarm Company Fees
- Fees for a new alarm company for installation only, or for installation and monitoring is $300.
- Alarm monitoring only is $25, payable to the City of Topeka via cash, credit card, check or money order.
- All new alarm companies also require $47, payable to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation for each company officer (CEO, president, VP, etc). This payment must be made via check or money order only.
- The renewal fee for alarm installation only or for installation and monitoring is $100.
- The renewal fee for alarm monitoring only is $25. This fee is payable to the City of Topeka via cash, credit card, check, or money order.
- Fees for a new individual alarm agent license includes $30 payable to the City of Topeka via cash, credit card, check or money order, and $47 payable to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation via check or money order only.
- The renewal fee for an individual guard license is $25, payable to the City of Topeka via cash, credit card, check, or money order.
- Alarm Licensing Inquiry info letter
- Alarm Business Code
- Alarm New Company
- Alarm Company Renewal
- Alarm Agent New
- Alarm Agent Renewal
Use Licensed Alarm Companies
Companies which operate a business of installing or monitoring alarm systems in homes and businesses within the city limits of Topeka must be licensed by the Topeka Police Department to do business in the city. Individuals that work in sales and as system installers for these companies must also be licensed through the police department. Companies and individuals who are licensed have met requirements and passed a background check in order to receive their license.
The City of Topeka and the Police Department does not endorse or imply in any way their approval of any individual business' policies, practices or methods of doing business. It only means that they have met the licensing requirements and background checks needed to obtain a city license and operate a business of that type within the City of Topeka.
Licensed Alarm Companies in Topeka
The following alphabetical list indicates those companies currently licensed to do business in the city. This list will be periodically updated adding new companies and removing those no longer licensed.
- A+ Communications & Security
- A-1 Alarms, Inc
- ADT Security Services
- Alarm Relay
- All Call Security
- All Tech Communications
- AT&T Digital Life, Inc.
- AvantGuard Monitoring Centers, LLC
- CBS Manhattan LLC
- Central Security Group
- Cox Advanced Services Kansas, LLC
- Crown Security
- D&D Security
- DEFENDERS, Inc
- Direct Security
- Electric Guard Dog, LLC
- Emergency 24, Inc
- F.E. Moran, Inc Alarm & Monitoring Services
- Federal Protection, Inc
- Flint Hills Security, LLC
- Fluent Home, LLC
- Free State Alarm Co, LLC
- HBD Technology, LLC
- Heartland Alarms, Inc
- Integrated Security LLC
- Interface Security Systems, Inc
- JC Security Systems, Inc
- Johnson Controls Security Solutions LLC
- JSC Systems
- Kansas Audio Video
- Kansas City CCTV and Security
- Kansas City Security Systems Inc
- Lighthouse Security of Topeka
- Monitronics Security, LP
- OnePath Systems, LLC
- Protect & Serve Security
- Rapid Response Monitoring
- Rueschhoff Security LLC
- Safe Home Security, Inc
- Safe Streets USA, LLC
- Securitas Electric Security, Inc
- SimpliSafe, Inc
- Smart Home Pros, Inc
- Stanley Convergent Security Solutions
- Vector Security, Inc
- Vivint, Inc
- WM Security Services Inc/Life Safety Control Center
Questions and inquiries can be directed to:
Melody Lewis, Alarm Licensing Coordinator
City of Topeka, Police