Church of the Assumption Historic District consists of two individually listed religious structures and two additional educational buildings that were historically associated with the Church of the Assumption Catholic Parish. The years of construction for each building within the district range from 1924 (church) to 1954 (rectory garage). All of the structures within the district are listed within the nomination as “contributors.”
The two schools within the district are no longer used for educational purposes. Hayden High School has been re-purposed for office uses, while Assumption Elementary School has been renovated for multi-family residential purposes. The church and the rectory are still used in association with the Catholic Parish.