TOPEKA, Kan. –The Topeka Fire Department responded to two separate structure fires. Both structure fires were reported to 911 around 1:00 PM on Wednesday February 21, 2018.
The first structure fire alarm time was 12:59 PM. The Topeka Fire Department responded to 1615 SW Central Park Ave., Topeka, KS. Upon arrival, fire crews reported a fully involved detached one story wood frame garage on fire. The residence and garage were vacant. The estimated structural dollar loss is $4,000 and the content loss is $200.
The second structure fire alarm time was 1:07 PM. The Topeka Fire Department responded to 527 SE Davies St., Topeka, KS. Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke showing from the residence. Two occupants escaped the fire uninjured. The estimated structural dollar loss is $750 and the content loss is $200.
A Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit reports the following;
- Preliminary investigation for the 1615 SW Central Park Avenue fire indicates the fire cause to be Undetermined pending further investigation.
- Preliminary investigation for the 527 SE Davies Street fire indicates the fire cause to be Accidental in association with cooking in the kitchen.
- Each response to these fires involved Three (3) Engine Companies, One (1) Truck Company, One (1) Aerial Ladder, Two (2) Chief Officers, One (1) Safety Officer and One (1) Investigator.
- Assisting agencies; Topeka Police Department, AMR, Kansas Gas Service and Westar Energy.
- No sounding smoke alarms were in either structure
Any individuals with information about the circumstances of the 1615 SW Central Park Avenue fire are being asked to please contact Crime Stoppers at (785) 234-0007 or Toll Free at 1-800-222 TIPS (8477).