Topeka, Kan. – The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire located at 1501 SW Polk St. Topeka, Kansas just after 3:30 AM on Saturday March 31, 2018. Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke and flames showing from the rear of the two story wood framed house. Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire with an offensive attack keeping it contained to the structure of fire origin.
A Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit responded to the fire scene to assist.
The Following is a brief summary from the Fire Investigation Unit;
- Preliminary investigation indicates the fire cause to be Incendiary, with multiple areas of fire origin.
- The house was vacant and no injuries were associated with this fire scene.
- Estimated structural dollar loss is (Five Thousand Dollars) $5,000.
- Zero dollars in content loss.
- This fire had a response of three (3) Engine Companies, three (3) Truck Companies, two (2) Chief Officers, and an Investigator.
- Other agencies assisting at the fire scene; Kansas Gas Service, Westar Energy, AMR and the Topeka Police Department.
- The structure had no working smoke alarms.
Any individuals with information about the circumstances of this fire are being asked to please contact Crime Stoppers at (785) 234-0007 or Toll Free at 1-800-222 TIPS (8477).