Topeka, Kan. – A passerby called 911 just after 2:30 AM to report heavy flames in the area of NW Fairmont Street. Shawnee County Sheriff Deputies arrived and reported the address of 1824 NW Fairmont Street within the city limits of Topeka, KS.
Fire crews from Silver Lake and Soldier Township arrived to a fully involved house fire. The Topeka Fire Department was then called a short time later to respond. Fire crews are attacking the fire in a defensive manner. The 190th Air National Guard Fire Department also responded to assist with a water supply tanker truck. Fire crews remain on scene at this time battling the blaze.
A Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit has responded to the fire scene to assist.
The Following is a brief summary from the Fire Investigation Unit;
- Preliminary investigation indicates the fire cause; Undetermined, however circumstances are suspicious.
- One occupant of the structure escaped with no injuries.
- The structure and contents are a total loss, the estimated value is undetermined at this time.
- Agencies assisting at the fire scene; Topeka Police Department, AMR, Westar Energy, Silver Lake FD, and the 190th Air National Guard FD.
- No working smoke alarms were reported.
Any individuals with information about the circumstances of this fire are being asked to please contact Crime Stoppers at (785) 234-0007 or Toll Free at 1-800-222 TIPS (8477).