Topeka, Kan. – The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire located at 1717 SW Harp Place, Topeka, Kansas just before 9:00 AM on Monday April 16, 2018. Upon arrival, fire crews reported single story residence fully involved with fire. Due to the extent of the fire, the dwelling located at 1725 SW Harp Pl. sustained exterior damage as a result of radiant heat. Fire crews confirmed that all occupants exited the dwelling without injury.
The Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit responded to perform an origin and cause scene investigation. The Following is a brief summary:
- Preliminary investigation indicates the fire cause to be Accidental.
- The area of fire origin was determined to be within the living room.
- No injuries were associated with this fire scene.
- Estimated dollar loss to 1717 SW Harp PL- $90,000.00 (Ninety Thousand Dollars). Structural dollar loss $60,000 (Sixty Thousand Dollars). Content loss is $30,000 (Thirty Thousand Dollars).
- Estimated dollar loss to 1725 SW Harp Pl. – $3,000 (Three Thousand Dollars) in structural damage.
- The overall response to this incident included four (4) Engine Companies, three (3) Truck Companies, two (2) Chief Officers, and three (3) Investigators.
- Other agencies assisting at the fire scene; Kansas Gas Service, Westar Energy, AMR, Topeka Police Department, and the KS State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- The American Red Cross assisted two (2) adults and four (4) children.
- The structure had no working smoke alarms.