Topeka, Kan. – The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire located at 3502 SW 8th Street 6:00 am on Saturday July 21, 2018. Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke and flames visible from the single story wood framed house. Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire, keeping it contained to the bedroom of the dwelling.
The Topeka Fire Department Investigation Unit responded to the scene to perform an origin and cause scene Investigation.
The Following is a brief summary from the Fire Investigation Unit:
- Preliminary investigation indicates the cause of the fire as Undetermined pending further investigation; however at the time of this release, no foul play is suspected.
- Estimated structural dollar loss is $20,000 structure, $5,000 content loss.
- This fire included the response of 3 Engine Companies, 2 Truck Companies, 2 Chief Officers, and 1 Fire Investigator.
- Other agencies assisting at the fire scene; Kansas Gas Service, and AMR.
- The structure had working smoke alarms at the time of the fire.
Any individuals with information about the circumstances of this fire are being asked to please contact Crime Stoppers at (785)234-0007 or Toll Free at 1-800-222 TIPS (8477).