For Immediate Release
February 1, 2018
3030 SW Wanamaker Rd. Structure Fire Incident
TOPEKA, Kan. –The Topeka Fire Department Responded to a structure fire located at 3030 SW Wanamaker Rd., Topeka Kansas just before 10:30 AM on Thursday February 1, 2018. Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke inside the single story commercial structure. A fire sprinkler system had activated extinguishing the fire.
A Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit responded to this incident to determine the origin and cause for the fire. The following is a brief summary;
- Preliminary investigation indicates the fire cause to be accidental.
- Estimated dollar loss – $2,000.00 (Two Thousand Dollars); of which all is associated with contents loss.
- The initial response to this fire involved Three (3) Engine Companies, One (1) Truck Company, One (1) Aerial Ladder Company, One (1) Battalion Chief, One (1) Shift Commander, One (1) Fire Inspector and an Investigator.
- The origin of the fire was within the kitchen area.
- Assisting agencies at this incident included Kansas Gas Service, Westar Energy and State of Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Working smoke detectors were located within the structure.