Topeka, Kan. – The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire located at 2949 SW Burlingame Rd, Topeka, Kansas just after 1:43am on Friday July 13, 2018. Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke and flames visible from the single story wood framed house. Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire; one fire victim was located within the residence. The victim has been identified as Kennedy Karioki Ndungu DOB 01/07/1993
The Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit responded to the scene to perform an origin and cause scene Investigation.
The Following is a brief summary from the Fire Investigation Unit:
- The investigation is ongoing at this time
- Estimated structural dollar loss is $40,000 structure, $10,000 content loss.
- This fire included the response of 3 Engine Companies, 2 Truck Companies, 2 Chief Officers, and 2 Fire Investigator.
- Other agencies assisting at the fire scene; Office of the State Fire Marshal Investigators, the Topeka Police Department, Canine assistance from the Olathe Fire Department, Kansas Gas Service, Westar Energy and AMR.
- The structure had working smoke alarms at the time of the fire.
Any individuals with information about the circumstances of this fire are being asked to please contact Crime Stoppers at (785)234-0007 or Toll Free at 1-800-222 TIPS (8477).