Topeka, Kan. – The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire located at 238 SW Gage Blvd. #308 Topeka, KS just before 3:00 PM on Sunday February 25, 2018. Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke showing from a rear apartment balcony. The fire spread from apartment #308 to the balcony of apartment #312. Fire crews extinguished the fire keeping it contained within the two balconies.
A Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit responded to the fire scene to assist.
The Following is a brief summary from the Fire Investigation Unit;
- Preliminary investigation indicates the fire cause to be Undetermined, pending further investigation. The Origin of the fire was at the lower northeast corner of balcony #308.
- Several of the neighbors were able to keep the fire small due to discharging available fire extinguishers. One neighbor was able to jump onto the balcony and enter apartment #308 to retrieve two dogs that were heard barking inside.
- No occupants were home at either apartment at the time of the reported fire.
- There were no reported injuries associated with this fire incident.
- Estimated structural dollar loss is $10,000. No content dollar loss is associated with this fire, the fire did not breach the interior of any apartment.
- This fire had a response of four (4) Engine Companies, two (2) Truck Companies, two (2) Chief Officers and an Investigator.