Topeka, Ks- The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire located at 2326 SW Fairlawn Court shortly after 3:00 AM on December 29, 2019. Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke and flames from a one story residential structure. Fire suppression crews conducted an offensive fire attack keeping the fire contained to the house. A search of the structure confirmed that the house was vacant.
The Topeka Fire Department Investigation’s Unit responded to the scene to perform an origin and cause scene investigation.
The following is a brief summary from the Fire Investigation Unit:
- Preliminary investigation indicates the cause of the fire to be Incendiary; intentionally set.
- Estimated structural dollar loss is $20,000 and a content loss of $1,000.
- This fire incident included the response of three Engine Companies, two Truck Companies, three Chief Officers and one Fire Investigator.
- Other agencies assisting at the fire scene; Kansas Gas Service, Evergy, and AMR.
- No smoke alarms were sounding within the structure.