Topeka Opportunity To Own (TOTO) Program
The City of Topeka’s Department of Neighborhood Relations Housing Services Division administers a first time homebuyer’s assistance program. The Home Buyer Assistance Program helps low-income families purchase their first home anywhere within the City of Topeka limits through funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
This program is intended to help Topeka residents become homeowners by providing education, financing, and home rehabilitation by partnering with Housing and Credit Counseling Inc. Please contact HCCI to get started at 785-234-0217 ext. 317.
- $500 for a down payment
- Purchase anywhere in the City of Topeka or in one of four opportunity areas
- Sales price cannot exceed $75,000
- Cannot own real estate at time of closing
- Credit readiness and approval
- Budget evaluation will determine affordability
- Attend a total of 12 hours of home buyer and maintenance training before closing
- Environmental review requirements must be met prior to purchase