The City of Topeka focuses on neighborhoods for housing and neighborhood development activity with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership Grant, Shelter Plus Care, and Emergency Shelter Grant funds. These programs are developed and administered through the approved Consolidated Plan, the Annual Action Plans for Housing and Community Development and the Continuum of Care.
One of the mechanisms for citizen participation and input is the Citizen Advisory Council (CAC). The Department utilizes the CAC as a sounding board for general policy decisions. The CAC is comprised of representatives of the Neighborhood Improvement Associations (NIA) as well as the community at large.
If you would like to contact a neighborhood association, please see the Topeka Neighborhood Contact and Meeting Information Sheet.
For more information, please contact the Housing and Neighborhood Development Department at 785-368-3711.
- Starting a Neighborhood Improvement Association
- 2010 Census Map with Block Group Percentages and NIAs
- City of Topeka NIAs
- Starting a Neighborhood Organization
- Neighborhood Revitalization Program (this is a Planning Department program and questions should be directed to the Topeka Planning Department at 785-368-3728)
- Topeka Neighborhood Contact and Meeting Information Sheet