For more information, please contact LaToya Burnett-Martinez at 785-368-3663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empowerment Grant Application
The Empowerment Grant Application is due July 19, 2019.
- Budget Form to Attach to online application
- If you prefer, fill out a paper Empowerment Application (must print and return to Department of Neighborhood Relations)
- Empowerment RFP
- Empowerment Grant Application Instructions
- Empowerment Grant Scoring Criteria
What is an Empowerment Grant?
The Empowerment Grant Program is funded through the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. These funds are used to support a variety of neighborhood based public projects. Projects must be located within predominately low/moderate income neighborhoods. Neighborhood Improvement Associations (NIA) who are designated as 2017-2020 Stages of Resource Targeting areas are not eligible for this program.
Program priorities include citizen involvement and inclusiveness, efficiency and effectiveness, and neighborhood empowerment. Grants range in size from $2,000 up to $50,000.
Eligible Project Activities
- Community engagement
- Neighborhood beautification
- Neighborhood quality of life improvements
- Public accessibility
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
- Eligible: Organizations representing low and moderate income neighborhoods and residents
- Ineligible: Neighborhoods currently in 2017-2020 SORT Target Areas