If you would like to speak at a Governing Body meeting, please email the city clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the City Clerk’s office at 785-368-3940 or 785-368-3941.
View the current Governing Body Agenda.
Sign Up for e-notices of Governing Body Agendas.
Public Comment Protocol
- Public comment is encouraged and will continue to be listed as an agenda item at every regular Governing Body meeting. Public Comment will be held near the end of the meeting, following general announcements by the Governing Body.
- Each individual wishing to be heard during the public comment period will be given up to 4 minutes to speak.
- No person, except City officers, employees or their representatives shall be permitted beyond the podium in front of the City Council Chambers without the express permission of the Mayor or City Council.
- The Governing Body may elect to defer public comment on a specific agenda item until that specific item is addressed during any regular or special meeting.
- Public comment will not be used as a time for problem solving or reacting to comments made; but, rather, for providing citizens with an opportunity to be heard for informational purposes only. If information is requested by a speaker during the public comment period, the Governing Body may choose to direct the City Manager to assign a member of his or her staff to provide such information, as allowed within the guidelines of the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA).
- Public comment will not be used to air personality grievances, make political endorsements or political campaign purposes.
- Governing Body members should not enter into a dialogue, or debate, with citizens. Questions or comments from the Governing Body will be for clarification purposes only.