Citizens can register a domestic partnership one of three ways.
Register in Person
Citizens may register from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, by appearing in person in the City Clerk’s Office, on the first floor of City Hall, 215 SE 7th Street, Topeka, Kansas.
What to bring:
- Both partners must be present
- Photo Identification – Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID*
- $50 fee (cash or check made payable to City of Topeka)
Register by Mail
Citizens may also download the necessary form(s) from this website and return them to the Office of the City Clerk by mail.
- To establish a domestic partnership, use the following form: Application – Registration/Declaration of Partnership
- To amend names or addresses of already-registered partnerships, use the following form: Amendment Form – Name/Address
- To terminate a partnership, use the following form: Request for Removal
Note: When submitting these forms by mail, don't forget to include a check payable to the City of Topeka for the $50 fee amount.
Once completed, please return by mail to the following address:
Office of the City Clerk
City of Topeka
215 SE 7th St.
Topeka, KS 66603
- Fill out the Domestic Partnership Registry form below. When finished, hit the "Submit" button.
- After you press the "Submit" button, you will receive an email with a link to our payment portal, where you can pay the $50 registration fee.
- When your transaction is complete, you will be returned to the City of Topeka website. You will receive a certificate by mail that validates the registration of your domestic partnership in the Domestic Partnership Registry within two weeks from the City of Topeka, Kansas.