Due to unforeseen circumstances, this meeting has been cancelled. Details regrading the rescheduled meeting will be posted once confirmed.
Meeting agenda will be posted to the webpage within 48 hours of meeting.
In-person and virtual attendance options are available. Please contact the Council office by 12:00pm 5/20 to request Zoom link. The meeting will also be livestreamed.
Meeting will offer in-person or virtual attendance options. Please contact the City Council Office by 12:00pm 6/3 to request virtual link.
- Call to Order
- Approve minutes from March 24, 2022 meeting
- Discussion: Q&A for Recommendations
- Discussion: Set Date(s) for Public Input Session(s)
- Other Items
- Call to Order
- Approve minutes from June 17, 2022 meeting
- Review & Approve; Committee Finalization of Draft Recommendations
The Governing Body voted to approve the recommendations from the Police and Community Special Committee, one of these recommendations was to allow the public more opportunity to provide input into law enforcement training. In an effort to meet this recommendation the Topeka Police Training Division will be hosting the following Public Input Sessions.
- September 14th, 6pm-8pm at Washburn Tech East
- September 22nd, 6pm-8pm at Washburn University, Henderson Room 100
- The Training Director and Assistant Training Director will provide a 20 to 30 minute presentation on:
- Current Academy Curriculum
- In-Service Training Curriculum
- At the conclusion of the presentation, public comment or questions will be allowed (limited to 4 minutes per person)
- The sessions should be limited to 60 to 90 minutes total