- Call to Order
- Approve minutes from September 14, 2020 meeting
- Discussion: Internet reliability for Topeka residents
- USD 501 – Families in Connect2Compete, T-Mobile; programs for non-home locations
- DCF – needs of kids in Foster care
- Follow up with Senior agency representatives
- Career-seeking demographic; exploring their needs
- Service & Infrastructure
- GTP SPARKS second round Funding
- Past Broadband Taskforce; accomplishments and future
- Possible future broadband leadership structure – Lazone Grays
- Discussion/Possible Action
- Property Maintenance – Next steps proposal; Discussion and possible action
- Other Items Before the Committee
- Adjourn; Next meeting will be December 14th at 3:00pm; LEC Classroom A
***With additional precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the public may attend the meeting virtually through Zoom, but will need to call the City Council Office by 12:00pm on date of meeting.***
Due to increased COVID-19 safety measures, virtual attendance to the meeting is preferred. The meeting will be livestreamed on the City of Topeka’s facebook page, and website. Members of the public wanting to attend the meeting via Zoom will need to contact the City Council office by 5:00pm on Friday, November 20th. Please find the meeting agenda here.
Please find the meeting agenda here.
Due to increased COVID-19 safety measures, virtual attendance is preferred. There will be a 10 person room capacity for in-person attendance. The meeting will be live-streamed on the City of Topeka’s facebook and City4 Communication’s platforms. If you would like to attend the meeting via Zoom, please contact the Council Office by 1:00pm on December 14th to be provided the log-in information.
JEDO Board Meeting agendas are posted five (5) business days in advance of the meeting date.
View JEDO Board meeting information online at: https://www.jedoecodevo.com/
Meetings will be conducted entirely virtual until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Public Comment Policy: Public comment for the March 24th meeting will be available via zoom. Individuals must contact the City Clerk’s Office at 785-368-3940 or via email at email@example.com by no later than 5:00pm on March 23rd after which the City Clerk’s Office will provide Zoom link information and protocols prior to the March 24th meeting. No in-person public comment will be allowed as the meeting will be conducted entirely virtual.
Written public comment may also be considered to the extent it is submitted personally to the City Clerk’s Office located at 215 SE 7th Street, Room 166, Topeka, Kansas 66603 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than March 23rd for attachment to the meeting minutes.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has adopted use of the 711 dialing code for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). TRS permits persons with hearing or speech disability to use the telephone system via a text telephone (TTY) or other device to call persons with or without such disabilities. To reach the City Clerk’s office using the TRS, please dial 711.
Agenda: Agendas are furnished at least two (2) business days prior to each meeting and posted on the City of Topeka web page at www.topeka.org/JEDO and the Shawnee County web page at www.snco.us/jedo. To make arrangements for special accommodations please call 785-368-3940 or 785-368-3941. A 48-hour advance notice is preferred.
- CALL TO ORDER:
- ROLL CALL:
- NON-ACTION ITEMS:
- DISCUSSION and possible ACTION of grant parameters
- DISCUSSION and possible ACTION of grant application
- DISCUSSION and possible ACTION of grant score card
- ACTION ITEMS:
- APPROVAL of February 23, 2021 JEDO Local Business Recovery Taskforce meeting minutes
- APPROVAL of Taskforce next meeting date
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Please find the meeting agenda here.
This meeting will have virtual and in-person attendance options available. In-person seating capacity will be limited. If you would like to attend the meeting virtually, please contact the City Council office by 5:00pm on 3/24 to receive the Zoom link.
Please find meeting agenda here.
This meeting will be held virtually only. Members of the public wishing to attend the meeting will need to contact the City Council office by 5:00pm on March 25, 2021. The meeting will also be live-streamed via the City of Topeka’s facebook and livesteam platforms.