Frequently Asked Questions TPD - Home | Departments
My car was broken into or vandalized.
Call dispatch 785-368-9200

Who do I talk to about an abandoned car on my street?
Traffic Division 785-368-9567

I had an accident on private property. What do I have to do?
Exchange information with the other driver and come to the Law Enforcement Center between 7AM and 9PM

I want to know the crime rate in a certain neighborhood.
Call our statistical unit at 785-368-9043, or check

I have a drug house in my neighborhood.
Call narcotics, or the community policing officer

My car or tag has been stolen
Call dispatch - 785-368-9200

I need to get a copy of a report.
Call our records section - 785-368-9474

I need some information on dog tags.
Call Animal Control - 785-368-9484

Who is my community policing officer?
Call the community policing office at 785-368-9092, their hotline at 785-368-2500, or the Community Policing Map

I would like to speak with a detective.
Call 785-368-9400

When is the next car auction?
Call the impound lot at 785-368-9230

How do I become a police officer?
Call Recruiting and Hiring at 785-368-9490

I have a complaint about loud music.
Call dispatch 785-368-9200

How do I get my property back?
Call the property room 785-368-9482

Can I use the Topeka Police firing range?

Call Chief's Executive Officer, 785-368-9277

I received a traffic ticket and I have a question about it.
Call the issuing officer's supervisor or call Municipal Court for a court date 785-368-3776.

How can I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?
Call the records section - 785-368-9474 - they can provide you costs and hours of operation. Accident reports can be purchased online.

Useful numbers
  • Book-in and jail - 785-291-5000
  • Capital Police - 785-296-3420
  • District Court - 785-233-8200
  • Kansas Highway Patrol - 785-296-6800
  • Municipal Court - 785-368-3776
  • Records Department - 785-368-9474
  • Sheriff's dept - 785-368-2200

© City of Topeka | 785-368-3111