If your home or business is new, please request water and/or wastewater service by contacting the City of Topeka at 785-368-3842 or by submitting a completed Application for City of Topeka Utility Services form to one of the following:
Watereng@topeka.org (Please use personal email account.)
City of Topeka Engineering, 620 S.E. Madison Street, 2nd Floor, Topeka, KS 66607 on M-F from 8:00 A.M. -5:00 P.M. Fax number 785-368-3881 (ATTN: Water and Records Engineering.)
For your convenience, a listing of City of Topeka wastewater ordinances, and water and wastewater standards and fees are provided below
- 14.80.240 Sanitary sewer failures and repair responsibilities.
- 14.80.260 Approval of connections by engineer - Compliance with applicable laws.
- 14.80.310 Annexation and funding of sewer service and extensions.
- 14.80.780 Calculation of charges and classification of users.
- 14.80.790 Standard classification charges.
The City of Topeka bills you for these utilities
- Shawnee County Refuse (if elected)
- Topeka Water
- Topeka Water Pollution Control Stormwater
- Topeka Water Pollution Control Sewer
- Sherwood Wastewater Treatment Plant
Whether you have one or several of these services will depend on where you live, and whether you chose Shawnee County Refuse or a private refuse provider. Your City of Topeka representative will inform you which apply to you. For questions, please contact the City of Topeka Public Works Engineering Division at 785-368-3842 or email@example.com.