| Residential Burning Permits
This is for residential burning only. If you want a permit for commercial burning, please call the Shawnee County Health Agency at 785-291-2455. If you are requesting a bon fire permit call Topeka Fire Marshal at 368-4140. On the day I wish to burn, notify Topeka Dispatch at 785-368-9514 before and after burning.

Fill out the form below to request a residential burning permit
The dates listed below are the days in which the inspectors conduct their inspections.
Date of Inspection:   
Expiration Date if permit is approved: 5/31/2014
Address of Burning:
Street Number:  
Street Name:  
Select which category you will be burning:
Burn Location:  
Click here for location examples
Personal Information:
First Name:  
Last Name:  
Phone Number:   
E-mail Address:  
For a valid permit we need your signature:
Are there dogs at the burning location:
If Yes:


  1. This permit is issued for open burning of the materials listed above with the understanding that the undersigned assumes all responsibility for any fire damage that may result from the use of this permit.
  2. By submiting this information you have agreed to the conditions listed. This permit is issued free of charge and is valid until the experation date.