The purpose of the City Manager’s Office is to lead the organization by setting the direction for the future and providing the framework and support to enable all City departments to move in this direction. A challenge for the City Manager’s Office is identifying opportunities and anticipating challenges in an increasingly global business environment that is constantly changing. The City Manager’s Office is committed to ensuring the Topeka organization is progressive, flexible and results-orientated.
The City Manager’s Office will work with the City Council and Mayor to develop a Strategic Plan that will serve as the foundation for annual review of services, programs and activities. Department business plans will be developed with direct linage to the Council’s goals and the budget so that a citywide vision of where we are and where we want to go will be achieved through teamwork and communication.
As the capital city of Kansas, Topeka is recognized as a vibrant community where people choose to live, work, learn, and play and of which Kansans are proud.
To provide exceptional, cost-effective services in partnership with the community, that add value and enhance the quality of life for all.
Build citizen satisfaction, confidence and trust in service delivery and operations management.
We recognize and value a diverse workforce committed to service to the community. We value and believe in:
- Collaboration. We embrace a spirit of teamwork, empowerment, cooperation, communication, and community involvement.
- Integrity. We hold ourselves to the highest level of honesty, truthfulness, and ethical conduct.
- Accountability. We use public resources responsibly and regularly report on the achievement of stated performance objectives.
- Professionalism. We are committed to ensuring the highest level of professional standards.
- Transparency. We provide access by the public to timely and reliable information on decisions and performance.