Power cuts can be due to rolling black outs, extreme weather conditions, or accompany other disasters. If there is no power in your neighborhood:
- Turn off all appliances, computers, and lights – except one that will indicate when power has been restored.
- Keep the refrigerator closed; this will help to keep food cold longer.
- Be very careful of fire hazards caused by candles and other flammable light sources. Never leave an open flame unattended.
- When power is restored, check all appliances.
- If a traffic signal is not working, treat it as a stop sign.