To file this report online, you must answer YES to the seven (7) questions below. If you answered NO to any question, please refer to the phone numbers at the bottom of this page for assistance.
- This is not an emergency. If this is an emergency dial 911!
- This occurred within the City of Topeka
- There is no known suspect information
- This is not domestic related
- This incident does not involve a weapon or violent crime
- You have a valid e-mail address
- You are the owner of the property involved
Step 2:Only the following can be reported online:
- Lost or missing property
- Unlawful Use of a Financial Card
- Property Damage under $1,000.00
- Theft under $1,000.00 (excluding vehicles and firearms)
- Identity Theft
- Phone Harassment
- Additional Patrol or Vacation Check Requests
Step 3:To file a report, make sure you have the following information:
- Full name and contact information
- Approximate date and time of the incident
- Approximate location where the incident occurred
- Description of property including color, serial number, make or manufacture and model if known
- Approximate value of the property
- Turn off any popup blocking software
What you can expect after you file your report. See FAQ for additional information:
- You will see the words: "Your report has been submitted". This means your online report has been received by the Topeka Police Department for review and is pending approval.
- Your report will automatically be assigned a temporary report number.
- All submitted reports will be reviewed and you may be contacted if further information is needed.
- Reports may be rejected if they do not meet online reporting requirements. You will receive email notification and a reason for the rejection.
- Approved reports will be issued a permanent case number and a copy of the official report will be emailed to you within 5 business days.
- Non-emergency: (785) 368-9551
- Front Desk Officer: (785) 368-9464
- Animal Control: (785) 368-9203 or (785) 368-9404
- Records Division: (785) 368-9474