The Topeka Police Department has scheduled the entry-level Police examination for Saturday, December 5, 2015: written test and physical agility test.
You must pre-register for a test date to take the entry-level examination. Upon completing your registration, you will be provided with detailed information on test specifics, such as when and where to report for the test, what the test will consist of, etc.
- You only have to take the test once, but you may take the test more than once. There is no cost for the first time the test is taken. For the second and each subsequent test, the applicant will be required to pay $15, which is the City’s cost for the test.
- Applicants are ranked on a hiring list based on test scores. The applicant’s most recent test score will be utilized in the ranking process. If an applicant passes the test and takes the test again at a later date to try and increase the score and then fails the test, the applicant will be eliminated of the hiring process until the applicant takes and passes the test again on a future test date.
New – Practice Test Available Online
You can purchase a practice test and/or study guide online directly from the test manufacturer.
Please review the following important information:
- You must be at least 20 ½ years of age as of the test date to take the examination.
- You must not have any “Brady/ Giglio” information in personal or professional background that would impair ability to serve as a government witness. “Brady/ Giglio” information includes any conduct, acts or crimes involving dishonesty or false statements while under oath.
- You must not have any automatic disqualifiers. Review the list of automatic disqualifiers.
- Topeka Police Officers are required to possess and maintain a valid KS driver’s license and city-insurable driving record. Review vehicle operation insurability requirements.
- You must meet the Topeka Police Officer minimum physical requirements.