The Topeka Police Department will be administering an entry-level written test on two dates:
- Friday, April 24, 2015
- Friday, May 22, 2015
You must pre-register for a test date to take the entry-level examination. Upon completing your registration, you will be provided with detailed information on test specifics such as when and where to report for the test, what the test will consist of, etc.
Please note the following:
- You must be 20 ½ years of age as of the test date to take the examination.
- Must not have any automatic disqualifiers. Review the list of automatic disqualifiers.
- Topeka Police Officers are required to possess and maintain a valid KS driver’s license and city-insurable driving record. Review vehicle operation insurability requirements.
- You must meet the Topeka Police Officer minimum physical requirements.
- You only have to take the test once, but you may take the test more than once. There is no cost for the first time the test is taken. For each subsequent test, the applicant will be required to pay $15 which is the City’s cost for the test.
- Please note that applicants are ranked on a hiring list based on test scores. The applicant’s most recent test score will be utilized in the ranking process. If an applicant passes the test and takes the test again at a later date to try and increase the score and then fails the test, the applicant will be eliminated of the hiring process until the applicant takes and passes the test again on a future test date.