The Topeka Fire Department is required by code to issue operational, construction, and special events/uses permits. Operational permits are issued to businesses based upon initial plan review application. Special conditions for business operation are set at that time. During the annual business fire inspection, the fire inspector ensures that all special requirements are still being met. If they are, the permit is renewed for another year, and the business is allowed to continue to operate.
Special Events/Uses Permits are issued for specific, regulated activities which, by their nature, require fire department approval. Links to information regarding requirements for obtaining each type of permit are available below.
- Bonfire Permit
- Burning Permit Application
- Commercial Burn Permit Application
- Commercial Fireworks Display Permit
- Consumer Fireworks Display Permit
- Explosives/Blasting Permit
- Fireworks Retail Stand Complete Application Packet
- Fireworks Retail Stand Pre-Inspection Information
- LPG Permit (propane)
- Salvage Yard Permit
- Tent or Temporary Structure Permit
- Underground Storage Tank Permit