If your smoke detector goes off or if there is a fire:
- Remain calm and get out. Do not try to fight the fire.
- Call 9-1-1 from a safe place.
- If your clothes catch on fire, STOP where you are, DROP to the ground, and ROLL over and over to smother the flames.
- Drop to the floor to avoid smoke and fumes - crawl to safety.
- Feel the door with the back of your hand before you open it. If it is hot, find another way out.
- If you are unable to get out of your home for any reason, stay near a window and close to the floor.
- If possible, signal for help