New Construction Service Public Works - Home | Departments

If your home or business is new, please request water and/or wastewater service by contacting the City of Topeka at 785-368-3842 or by submitting a completed Application for City of Topeka Utility Services form to one of the following: (Please use personal email account.)
City of Topeka Engineering, 620 S.E. Madison Street, 2nd Floor, Topeka, KS 66607 on M-F from 8:00 A.M. -5:00 P.M. Fax number 785-368-3881 (ATTN: Water and Records Engineering.)

For your convenience, a listing of City of Topeka wastewater ordinances, and water and wastewater standards and fees are provided below

City of Topeka Utility Fees and Charges Schedule
Utility Services Installation Standards

Topeka Municipal Code Chapter 14.80 Sewers and Sewage Disposal

  • 14.80.240 Sanitary sewer failures and repair responsibilities.
  • 14.80.260 Approval of connections by engineer - Compliance with applicable laws.
  • 14.80.310 Annexation and funding of sewer service and extensions.
  • 14.80.780 Calculation of charges and classification of users.
  • 14.80.790 Standard classification charges.

The City of Topeka bills you for these utilities
  • Shawnee County Refuse (if elected)
  • Topeka Water
  • Topeka Water Pollution Control Stormwater
  • Topeka Water Pollution Control Sewer
  • Sherwood Wastewater Treatment Plant

Whether you have one or several of these services will depend on where you live, and whether you chose Shawnee County Refuse or a private refuse provider. Your City of Topeka representative will inform you which apply to you. For questions, please contact the City of Topeka Public Works Engineering Division at 785-368-3842 or

Have something to say? Want to learn more? Connect with your local government through Topeka e311. Don’t forget to download the Topeka e311 app in Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

© City of Topeka | 785-368-3111