For additional information about the MTPO, you can contact Carlton Scroggins by email, or call the Topeka Planning Department at 785-368-3728.
Topeka Pedestrian Master Plan
The Topeka Pedestrian Master Plan is one piece of a larger effort to improve quality of life through the development of vibrant neighborhoods and greater transportation choices serving pedestrians, bicyclists, transit users, and motorists. Read more.
Long Range Transportation Plan - 2040
Topeka Bikeways Master Plan
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The TIP provides a multi-year listing of transportation projects that are federally funded, are of regional significance, or both.
- 2015-2018 TIP (Approved)
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #1
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #2
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #3
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #3 Revised
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #4
Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
Adopted annually, this document outlines work tasks and staffing responsibilities, describes activities to be completed during upcoming year, and lists the status of current and recently completed planning activities.
- UPWP 2015 (Approved)
- 2014 UPWP (Approved)
- Downtown Circulation Study DRAFT
- Public Participation Plan (adopted June 15, 2009)
- 2008 Metropolitan Topeka Planning Organization Annual Report
- Title VI Policy
- Title VI Complaint Procedures Form
- Title VI Public Notification
- Title VI Brochure English
- Title VI Brochure_Espanol
- Limited English Proficiency Plan (LEPP)
- MTPO Complete Streets Resolution
- MTPO Complete Streets Policy
- Highway 24 Corridor Study (Phase 1 - 42mb)
- Citizen's Guide to Transportation
- 2003 Functional Classification Map
- Topeka-Shawnee County ITS Architecture Final Report
- Topeka-Shawnee County ITS Communications Plan
- Regional Trails and Greenways Plan
Other Current Work Documents
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Projects with Obligated Federal Funds in MTPO Area
Other Transportation Planning Related Documents
Public Notice: Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority uses the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) development process of the Topeka Metropolitan Planning Organization (MTPO) to satisfy the public hearing requirements of 49 U.S.C. Section 5307(c). The TIP public notice of public involvement activities and time established for public review and comment on the TIP satisfies the program-of-projects requirements of the Urbanized Area Formula Program.