The Metropolitan Topeka Planning Organization is now receiving public comments on TIP Amendment #5, which includes adding funding for Topeka Metro to resurface the parking lot at Quincy Street Station, and also adding funding to replace the roof at Quincy Street Station.
These documents can be viewed by clicking the appropriate links below. Comments can be emailed, or call Carlton Scroggins at 785-368-3728.
- TIP Amendment #5 (Draft for Review)
- TIP Amendment #5 Summary Table (Draft for Review)
- TIP Amendment #5 Map for FTA
- TIP Amendment #5 Info from TMTA
For additional information about the MTPO, you can contact Carlton Scroggins by email, or call the Topeka Planning Department at 785-368-3728.
Topeka Pedestrian Master Plan
The Topeka Pedestrian Master Plan is one piece of a larger effort to improve quality of life through the development of vibrant neighborhoods and greater transportation choices serving pedestrians, bicyclists, transit users, and motorists. Read more.
Long Range Transportation Plan - 2040
Topeka Bikeways Master Plan
Bike Routes Funded or Completed through 2016
Topeka/Shawnee County Regional ITS Architecture Strategic Deployment Plan
The Metropolitan Topeka Planning Organization (MTPO) has updated the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Architecture for the Topeka/Shawnee County Metropolitan region. The Architecture describes the region’s ITS plans and how future projects will integrate and interoperate with existing systems.
The goal of the architecture update project is to develop a framework for the planning and development of Intelligent Transportation Systems that improve the safety and efficiency of travel in the region.
Work Program Documents
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The TIP provides a multi-year listing of transportation projects that are federally funded, are of regional significance, or both.
- 2015-2018 TIP (Approved)
- 2015 Obligated Projects
- 2015-2018 TIP Amendment #1
- 2015-2018 TIP Amendment #2
- 2015-2018 TIP Amendment #3
- 2015-2018 TIP Amendment #4
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #1
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #2
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #3
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #3 Revised
- 2013-2016 TIP Amendment #4
Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
Adopted annually, this document outlines work tasks and staffing responsibilities, describes activities to be completed during upcoming year, and lists the status of current and recently completed planning activities.
- 2016 UPWP (Approved)
- UPWP 2015 (Approved)
- 2014 UPWP (Approved)
Other Current Work Documents
- Downtown Circulation Study DRAFT
- Public Participation Plan (adopted June 15, 2009)
- 2008 Metropolitan Topeka Planning Organization Annual Report
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Title VI Policy
- Title VI Complaint Procedures Form
- Title VI Public Notification
- Title VI Brochure English
- Title VI Brochure_Espanol
- Limited English Proficiency Plan (LEPP)
Projects with Obligated Federal Funds in MTPO Area
Other Transportation Planning Related Documents
- 2014 Functional Classification Map
- MTPO Complete Streets Resolution
- MTPO Complete Streets Policy
- Highway 24 Corridor Study (Phase 1 - 42mb)
- Citizen's Guide to Transportation
- 2003 Functional Classification Map
- Topeka-Shawnee County ITS Architecture Final Report
- Topeka-Shawnee County ITS Architecture Executive Summary
- Regional Trails and Greenways Plan
Public Notice: Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority uses the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) development process of the Topeka Metropolitan Planning Organization (MTPO) to satisfy the public hearing requirements of 49 U.S.C. Section 5307(c). The TIP public notice of public involvement activities and time established for public review and comment on the TIP satisfies the program-of-projects requirements of the Urbanized Area Formula Program.