The City of Topeka Planning Department is currently calibrating all of the City’s zoning districts and permitted uses. The last comprehensive update of this manner was adopted in 1992. Over the years, much input has been received from the public and development community where conflicts arose in the code that made it unclear or challenging. Staff took this into consideration reviewing every use/district and rebuilding this section into a user-friendly matrix format. The following changes below have been proposed to the Topeka Planning Commission for recommendation to the Governing Body.
- Summary of Changes and Objectives
- Draft Zoning Use Matrix
- Draft Specific Use Requirements Sec. 18.225
- Draft Use Definitions
- Draft Dimensional Standards by Zoning District
- Zoning District Purpose Statements
Public Meetings to discuss proposed amendments to the City Zoning Regulations:
- Development Review Forum was held May 7, 2014 at 11:00 am in Holliday Building Conference Room.
- Topeka Planning Commission approved ACZR 14-01 at Public Hearing July 21, 2014
- Topeka City Council to hear ACZR 14-01 – schedule to be determined