The City of Topeka Planning Department has recently updated all of the City’s zoning districts and permitted uses. The last comprehensive update of this manner was adopted in 1992. Over the years, much input has been received from the public and development community where conflicts arose in the code that made it unclear or challenging. Staff took this into consideration reviewing every use/district and rebuilding this section into a user-friendly matrix format. The following changes were approved by the Governing Body on September 23, 2014.
- Zoning Ordinance - Item 5C (9-4-2014)
- Summary of Changes
- Zoning Use Matrix
- Draft Specific Use Requirements Sec. 18.225
- Draft Use Definitions
- Dimensional Standards by Zoning District
- Zoning District Purpose Statements
- Development Review Forum was held May 7, 2014 at 11:00 am in Holliday Building Conference Room.
- Topeka Planning Commission Public Hearing July 21, 2014
- Topeka City Council August 19 (Discussion) and September 23 (Action)