The Financial Services Department provides financial reporting and essential support services for all City Departments.
The Department consists of two divisions: Contracts & Procurement Division and City Controller Division. The City Controller Division consists of Accounts Payable, Payroll, Debt & Investment Management and compliance Accounting/Reporting.
- Maintain the accounting records for all funds, projects and programs.
- Provide internal and external financial reports.
- Provide accounts payable, payroll, and other financial services support to City departments.
- Monitor and assist in reporting grant expenditures.
- Process all City financial transactions.
- Manage the City's bonded indebtedness, including structuring debt issues and assuring continuing compliance with bond covenants.
- Record and deposit City funds.
- Quarterly Treasurer's Report
- Monitor and assist other City Departments in established cash procedures.
- Invest City monies using professional standards of safety and liquidity to achieve maximum investment yields.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to the City's accounting records.
- Monitor daily bank balances and collateralization needs.
- Serve as the primary contact with the banking community and investment providers.
- Monitor and report on investments and investment earnings.
The Contracts & Procurement Division is responsible to
- Provide an efficient, economical, and effective method of acquiring goods and services to meet the needs of our internal customers.
- Ensure a fair and competitive bidding process involving all vendors: local, small business, minority, women owned, disadvantaged, large, state, and national.
This division is directed by Jay Oyler, Division Head.